Will you be their voice this Orphan Sunday?
Orphan Sunday is an opportunity to be an advocate for orphans around the world and for churches to celebrate the heart of God for orphans.
The idea of a Sunday for orphans started in a small church in the country of Zambia in Africa, and it has now spread to an awakening of churches throughout the world.
Orphan Sunday is recognized internationally on November 10th this year, but you can choose any Sunday to help raise awareness. Our goal is to provide you with tools so you can get involved and be a part of the solution. Our Orphan Sunday Toolkit below has easy to share resources.
How you can help
The orphan crisis is overwhelming, but when we work together as a community, even the toughest probelms can be solved.
Ready to get started?
Here are some ways your church can change their world this Orphan Sunday.
- Sponsor an Orphanage as a Church
- Challenge Your Congregation to Sponsor a Child
- Plan an Orphan Care Related Sermon on Orphan Sunday
- Plan a Set of Worship Songs that Reflect God's Heart for the Orphan (Include Youth or Children's Choir)
- Set Aside Time for Intercessory Prayer for the Orphans
- Fast as an Individual or as a Group
- Take a LOVE Offering to Benefit the Orphans
- Become a "Future of Hope" Sponsor to Fund Vocational Training for Age-Appropriate Orphans
- Support Our "Products of Hope" Program to Enable an Orphanage to Become Sustainable
- Join Our "Global Hope Rescue" that Raises Orphanages from Surviving to Thriving
- Plan a Missions Trip
- Contact Haven of Hope for a List of Project Needs This Year