- An estimated 153 million children worldwide are orphans (UNICEF).
- Worldwide, there are 168 million child laborers, accounting for almost 11% of children (ILO).
- In the world’s poorest countries, around 1 in 4 children are engaged in child labor (UNICEF).
- 263 million children and youth are out of school (UNESCO).
- An estimated 61 million primary-school-age children are out of school; 53% of them are girls (UNICEF).
- There are 69 million children worldwide who suffer from malnutrition (World Bank)
- In 2017, 75% of malnourished children lived in less developed regions (WHO).
- Nearly half of all deaths in children under the age of 5 can be attributed to undernutrition, resulting in the unnecessary loss of about 3 million young lives a year (UNICEF).
- 66 million primary-school-age children attend classes hungry across the developing world, with 23 million in Africa alone (WHO).